Monday August 26 – Official Teams Training Begins
Click here for schedule
LIST OF ATHLETES BY EVENT (pdf) and BY NATION (pdf) Note: This list was current as of August 22; and is subject to additions and changes.
TEAM AND ATHLETE INFORMATION
Download the Teams Bulletin (pdf) for detailed information regarding:
• Team travel
• Meal plans
• Training sites
• Area information
• Event details
All athletes and team staff must be registered by their National Federation via the ICF ISIS system. More information Register
The recommended airport for international athlete travel is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL):
• Relative proximity to event venue
• Accepts kayaks
• Affordable rates from many international destinations
• For directions from the Atlanta Airport to the event venue (Nantahala Outdoor Center – NOC) click HERE.
• Athlete shuttles available. See Teams Bulletin for shuttle schedule. Please email the Organizer to reserve your spot.
• Free team transport will also be provided from the event venue to certain events in Bryson City.
Some onsite lodging is still available (see bulletin). Offsite lodging is available through our regional lodging partners.
For those athletes, teams, and support staff who need to obtain visas to travel to the USA, please contact Gerald Babao with USA Canoe/Kayak for assistance with this process.
• Free training is available at the feature every day
• Nantahala River Scheduled Release calendar is available HERE. (Reflects minimum daily flows. Athletes should be aware that it takes the water approximately 2.5 hours to get to the feature after the start of the release. It will begin to visibly subside approximately 2 hours following the end of the release.)
• Accurate three-day actual release forecast available HERE
• Official Nations Training begins on August 26th. Please see Teams Bulletin for details on how to register your team for Nations Training.
Participate in the 2013 Freestyle Adopt an Athlete Program! Get local youth interested in your sport, share your travel and training experience, and explain your passion for Freestyle, and create bonds across cultures. Please email the Organizer to get involved!
Athletes are advised that ICF may institute In-Competition Drug Testing at this event.